Did someone send Hollywood a memo about 20-25 years ago, that said something to the effect that people lowered there standards and are now far too easily entertained?
Was it the transformation of special effects into something that looked so believable, that made movie makers think it was okay for the movie's story line to be non-believable?
Was it a change in technology with modern camera and/or editing equipment that made directors and those in charge just sit back and say "No, that's okay, we can fix that later" and then they never do.
Oh wait... I remember now... I know what the problem is.
I'm a movie snob! That's right, I almost forgot, but it just hit me.
I'd rather sit back and watch something that could really happen, than waste 4 hours of my life watching a group of CG small people and their half-alien friend run around through a forest where the trees are alive looking for a $99.00 piece of jewelry from a pawn shop.
I'd rather watch a story of how a group of friends take an overnight trip to see a dead body in the woods and make discoveries about themselves and each other in the process, than watch aliens coming to earth and their entire species is wiped out by a group of kids from the local 4H club who just happen to know where ole man McGillicutty's weapon stash is kept.
I'd rather watch a great film about a memorable event than waste my time watching someone's creation of a scene that will never remotely happen in our lifetime.
My name is JM and I'm a movie snob. There, I said it.
No comments:
Post a Comment