Monday, November 18, 2013

Music before Motoring

Sometimes the strangest things will get me revved up. It is, however, quite often something musically related, and today's discovery is just that. This time it's a new band that is not only amazing, creative, original, talented, and has a great stage presence, but they've accomplished all of this before they are even old enough to get their driver's licenses.
The name of the band is Unlocking the Truth. They are middle school students from Brooklyn, and don't look like anything other than your typical, awkward middle school nerdy boys. Until they unleash their heavy metal rock and roll on you! They're level headed, are passionate about their music, and they know how to perform in front of a live audience. But if you saw anyone of them off stage you'd never know they were a metal music performer. They obviously have some great parent mentoring to help them get to where they are now, but I haven't seen a lot about who that may be yet. While watching one of their videos, I did hear a gentleman in the background say "That's my son, and those two are my nephews" so I'm assuming they are all cousins. But relations aside, they know how to play and they just made a new fan today.
But the real gem in this group is Malcolm Brickhouse, the lead guitarist. Watching him play is like receiving a gift from the universe... he's special. He doesn't play guitar, but his guitar is an extension of him, and listening to the music he creates is like watching the dreams of his soul fly out of his chest in the form of chords and riffs. I hope the music industry treats these kids well, and I would enjoy seeing big things for these kids. It's already in them... you can see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment