Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Catchy Holiday Title goes Here

   I remember as a kid... I didn't really care much for Thanksgiving. I think it was because of the fact that I had to get up early the next day, go shopping with my mom and her sister, and then we had to fly home before noon, she had to wrap presents and hide them... but no, even before that nightmare. On Thanksgiving Day, the house was always way too hot. Too many people, it made the dogs uncomfortable, it made me uncomfortable, it was just an awkward day for me every year.
   I think it was probably in my mid 20s that I really starting not hating Thanksgiving Day. It was then that I discovered football on a higher level, and I also discovered really amazing home cooked food for the first time in my life. (Thank you, Richard.)
   I remember one particular stretch as a kid where I got violently ill on Thanksgiving Day three consecutive years. Like... projectile vomit city... really bad. Made the whole house stink. Seriously.
   This year will be a good one. I hope all 4 or 5 of those that see this will have a great Thanksgiving. Don't hate the holiday... I did enough of that for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment