Thursday, December 19, 2013

Great guy... but glad he lost...

  I know... I'm a hypocrite, but I'll be honest here, since no ones reads this anyway.
But as much as I loved seeing Alabama lose to Auburn, I hated seeing AJ McCarron losing. This guy, as much as I dislike the Crimson Tide... he's one of the finest human beings to walk this earth. And he will no doubt go on to do great things in whatever career he chooses.
  It's one thing to overcome the odds as a child, and excel in a sport as physical as football when you weren't supposed to be able to walk again as a kid. But to do it, with the integrity and the unselfishness that he has is awe inspiring. I'm man enough to say that I couldn't do it. Not the way he does.
  If you know who AJ is, but don't know what I'm talking about... do a quick search of him and add the name Starla Chapman to your search. Grab some tissues, sit down and read about what an incredible human being he is.
  And just for the record... I'm still going to be backing Auburn in the BCS championship game next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment